Friday 21 August 2015

Friday Fabric Finds

Welcome to the next installment of Friday Fabric Finds! These posts are where I share the latest and greatest fabrics in my sponsor's shops, and any sales or specials they are running at the moment. I have some great stuff to share with you today!

First up, Frangipani Fabrics have just created some gorgeous new Chic Neutrals bundles, inspired by the sophisticated modern blenders by Amy Ellis for Moda Fabrics. I love the colours in this bundle - it's very reminiscent of twilight, or a night in the city, with bright lights and heavy shadows. This bundle includes a few of one of my favorites too - Franklin by Denyse Schmidt. Frangipani are offering it for a special price too - 8 fat quarters for the price of 6!


Frangipani have also listed a bunch of upcoming classes, including a Graffiti Quilting class with yours truly. I am SO excited about teaching a free motion quilting class at last - and there has been a huge amount of interest already, so if you'd like to spend a day learning this super fun quilting technique with me you'll need to get in quick :o) 


Polka Dot Tea fabrics have received a bunch of new fabrics this week, including the full collection of Doe by Carolyn Freidlander! This collection has taken a looong time to make it's way to Australia, and it is absolutely worth the wait. As always, Carolyn has created a range of incredibly useful fabrics, with loads of gorgeous textural prints in there.


Polka Dot Tea are also taking pre-orders for Heather Ross' upcoming collection Tiger Lily. Heather creates the most gorgeous whimsical prints, and the colours in this one are just divine - a lovely mix of saturated and soft. I can see some stunning children's quilts made with this collection!


At Sew Me a Song, Becca has been busy creating some fabulous scrappy bundles, including this Colour My World bundle of fat sixteenths - the perfect way to add some rainbow variety to your stash.


And if you need to stock up on some blue fabrics, Becca has also listed this lovely Colour Me Blue bundle stacked with polka dots, text fabrics and some lovely florals.


Finally, I have some other news to share. My friend Angie from Gnome Angel has just announced a Farmers Wife 1930s Sampler Quilt Sew Along that will kick off on 28th September. Angie is running this sew along in conjunction with the Fat Quarter Shop, and she has recruited a bunch of bloggers who, along with Angie, will be sharing block tutorials throughout the sew along (including me and many of my good bloggy friends!!). Angie has also curated a bundle of fabric for this quilt, available from Fat Quarter Shop.


Happy shopping! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend :o). I'm especially excited about this weekend - the Tasmanian Modern Quilt Guild are presenting a weekend of workshops with the uber talented Sarah Fielke! I am really looking forward to both of the workshops (improv words and step down piecing), and it will be really nice to be a student rather than teacher ;o) I'll be sure to share what I get up to on Instagram over the weekend, and hopefully in a blog post next week!

xx Jess 

No comments: