Sunday 25 May 2014

Sunday Stash?

I haven't had an opportunity to do a Sunday stash post for a while (you know, with the fabric diet and all). I did get a delivery of fabric a couple of weeks ago, but that's all for projects for publication so technically it isn't against my fabric diet rules - although it was ridiculously exciting to get a squishy parcel after so long ;o) None of the fabric I'm showing you today is intended for stash either, they will all be class samples for some of the classes I'll be teaching later in the year. But, I do have a couple of bundles of new fabric to play with, so I'm saying it counts for Sunday Stash ;o)

The first bundle is for a second Roundabout cushion as a sample for the class I'm teaching in July. You might remember the first one I made for the Pillow Talk Swap on Flickr last year.


Briony at Frangipani Fabrics curated this bundle based on the photo of my cushion - she did a beautiful job, and I'm really excited about making a second version :o)


Another class I'll be teaching is a sampler quilt based on the ten star blocks in the Vintage Quilt Revival book. I'm super, super excited about this class - we'll be covering lots of different techniques and I can't wait to start making the blocks. 


Hopefully I'll have some progress to share on these this week! Linking up to Sunday Stash at Quirky Hannah's place.

xx Jess

12 comments:

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Yay for squishy mail! That cushion is seriously gorgeous. How did I miss that last year?! Very excited about your pattern release.

Just broke the news to hubby about my quilt shop tour of Tassie. He just laughed but was all for me doing a class. He will be off doing the Overland at some stage anyway. Lets hope we can match up dates! :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great pillow!!

Carla said...

Love your pillow. Beautiful work

Annabella said...

Oh that 'cushion' ahem is gorgeous. The blocks are perfect together and the fabrics are lovely.

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Both bundles are gorgeous! After seeing your first star block on IG I know your quilt will be amazing!

DeborahGun said...

gorgeous cushion. Are you releasing a pattern?

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Great bundles! I especially love 2 things in the second bundle, the use of cobolt as a "neutral" to set off the other colours, and the sundials print to tie them all together.

Renee said...

That cushion is awesome, and all those fabrics! So fun to see and work with!

Dianne said...

Beautiful cushion!

Vicki said...

That cushion is amazing! I love the colors and the pattern. Your classes sound so much fun.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oooh yummy, wish I could come to your class!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I have gone for years without having this fabric obsession that everyone talks about, but just recently I have started to get a little thrill from seeing everyone elses beautiful fabric. Maybe I have been away from the sewing machine for too long :)