Thursday 29 May 2014

Bernina Textile Artist!!!

I've been holding tight to a massive secret for the last couple of weeks, but I can stop biting my tongue and let you guys know - I have just been added as a Bernina Textile Artist on the Bernina Australia website. You have got no idea how amazingly exciting this is for me (well, maybe you do really) - there has been a lot of happy dancing around the house, and it has been pretty hard to wipe the smile off my face recently :o)


When Bernina called a few weeks ago to ask if I'd be interested in becoming a Bernina Textile Artist, I honestly had no idea what they were talking about to start with. I think I probably came across as a bit of a stuttering idiot to be honest. After that amazing phone call, I jumped onto the website to check out who they have on board as textile artists, and nearly fell off my chair (Tula? Amanda Murphy?) and instantly started wondering why the hell they wanted me there (and I'm secretly still wondering, but I guess I'll get over it!) As a few of my Instagram peeps have mentioned recently, I need to start believing in myself more - if this doesn't do that, I don't know what will :o)

I've always shared the love I have for my Bernina QE440 here on the blog, so I'm absolutely freaking thrilled to be officially in partnership with Bernina. Apart from my profile being up on the Bernina website (!?!?!), there is a possibility I will be teaching/demonstrating for Bernina at quilt shows around Australia next year. SO EXCITING!!!!

I'm off to do more leaping around the house in a decidedly ridiculous manner ;o)

xx Jess

27 comments:

amy said...

that's AMAZING!! congrats jess, you deserve it!!

Dianne Neale said...

Congratulations. I can't think of anyone better - all that fantastic quilting you !

CitricSugar said...

Hey, would ya look at that!! WOOT WOOT! I will do some ridiculous leaping around over here for you, too. That way the earth won't be knocked off its axis. :-)

I will also be telling people in my Will Ferrell "Elf" voice... "JESSSSSSS! I know her! I know her!" lol

Seriously, though - congrats! That's really fantastic.

Dianne said...

Yay for you Jess!! Such great news that it totally warrants massive amounts of jumping about the house!!

Kendra Watson said...

Congratulations! That really is jumping-worthy news :) I hope to spot you at a Melbourne show in the future

Charlotte said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all

xxxxxxx

Elisabeth said...

Congratulations, that is fantastic and well deserved!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Huge congratulations!! :)

Annabella said...

Thrilled for you!!

Susan said...

This is so fabulous Jess! So well deserved! You will rock this! And good on Bernina for spotting your talent!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

So excited for you Jess! You do such beautiful work that it isn't a surprise really, you deserve it! Maybe I'll see you in brissie one of these days at a quilt show?!

Cille said...

Yeah! Tons of congratulations from me. It's a huge honor :)

Unknown said...

I am Robert Green a textile designer in China. thanks for sharing this informative blog. Textile as a material of daily use has been there for ages now and as an industry, it is one of the promising industries. Textile Industry will always be there as clothes are one of the basic human necessities.

Regard
Robert Green
Eton.

Leanne said...

Wow, look at you on their page. Right in the group of quilters you belong with. I am so happy for you.

Renee said...

That is super exciting!

Debbie said...

Very cool! Congrats to you!

Ella said...

Congrats with a happy dance for you!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Congrats . . . keep on dancing.

DeborahGun said...

so completely brilliant xx

Heather @ Winding Bobbins said...

Very excited for you Jess!

Hannlib said...

Congratulations Jess!! I'm not entirely sure what this means, i will go have a read, but it sounds like an awesome and well deserved achievement :-)

Donna said...

So very happy for you!

✄ Erin @ Sew at Home Mummy ✄ said...

SO amazing, CONGRATULATIONS!! Woot!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Only just able to catch upon blogs - congratulations Jess!

Katy Cameron said...

Congrats again, so happy for you :o)

Anita said...

Congratulations! How exciting :)

Anonymous said...

congratulations. I imagine you're still dancing.