Friday 5 April 2013

Confession

You might remember my self-imposed fabric ban that was part of my new years sewing resolutions? It's been really, really hard (I think my fabric buying problem could actually be classified as an addiction...), but I've been doing well until a couple of weeks ago. I've been using lots and lots of my Architextures prints (from Sew Me A Song) in quite a few different projects, especially the lower volume neutral prints. And got a bit panicky that I was starting to run out of a few of them (is it just me that does that with fabric?).

So I ordered some more from Sew Fresh Fabrics and they arrived yesterday. Low volume awesomeness.


All yard cuts, so I won't be running out any time soon - and I snuck a yard of the Button Up print from Little Apples in as well ;o)

I'm hoping I won't fall off the wagon again for a while :o)

Sewing wise, I'm making great progress on Super Mario - the rows are all pieced, I just need to finish sewing them all together. It's looking fairly good in terms of getting it done before next Saturday, thankfully. He's around 52" square at the moment, and I'm trying to decide on borders at the moment (I have enough black and red so I'll probably go with one or both of those.)


Hope everyone has had a great week!

xx Jess

14 comments:

Susan said...

Mario is looking great! I love all your neutrals- I can't see them going to waste that's for sure!

Katy Cameron said...

You are a Mario making machine! And I think 3 months is pretty darned good...

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Love your new fabrics! Mario is looking great!

Heather D. said...

Cute Mario!

And I think that you're in the company of many people who understand the fabric thing. hehe

Charlotte said...

drooling over your neutrals!!!!!!

Di said...

Nice neutrals and if you are using them then it it is ok to 'restock'! Di x

Linh said...

I have the same problem that you mention in this post. I shop too much in general and now I'm fixated on fabric. Not only do I get worried when I'm running low but I sometimes don't want to use certain fabrics because I just want to look at them. We need to start a group. Mario is looking amazing.

Jenelle said...

Mario's coming together quickly. He looks great! I never consider replenishing fabric I use all the time to be part of my fabric "addiction". ;) It's those shiny new prints that I don't have any immediate plans for the get me in trouble lol!

pandchintz said...

Great purchase - you're allowed!!

Nicky said...

Done well Jess - I wouldn't have lasted that long! Now be good for another three!

Mario looks set to run off the quilt!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Mario looks great! Fabrics? Hum, I am building a stash of low values, but can't bring myself to cut ino them at all, at least you are using yours, so you have a reason to buy more

Annabella said...

Gorgeous neutrals - well it would be rude not to wouldn't it??

Nat at Made in Home said...

The LV fabrics are great!

Newbie Jen said...

It's not just you. I do the same thing.