Friday 14 December 2012

She's Home (and a bit of fabric stashing)

I got the call yesterday as I was leaving to get my boys from school. We went straight to the sewing machine dealer. And now she's back!! I did intend to sew, sew, sew last night but the little buggers my darling sweet children had other ideas (like not going to sleep until 9pm, by which time I was ready to collapse in front of the TV). Tonight however, I am determined to get some sewing in!

You have no idea how happy this photo makes me :oD

I have had a few parcels of yumminess arrive this week. Craft Depot (an Aussie fabric shop) send out the occasional newsletter - and had a 20% off code for December (I think?) so I had a bit of a browse through their $10/m section. And found this AMH awesomeness. I have a bit of a Good Folks stash, some of which did come from Craft Depot (thanks to a heads up from Amy Badskirt) - but this one was out of stock. They obviously found a bit more - so I grabbed the last 3 metres. At $8 a metre that is seriously cheap by Aussie standards (and if you've ever looked at Good Folks on Etsy you'll know I have saved myself a small fortune!)

 Small Gathering from AMH Good Folks

I couldn't resist this one either - another AMH print from her Garden Party collection. I have a real and serious problem with collecting out of print fabrics ;o)


 I did a bit of Black Friday shopping too - some of which arrived earlier in the week from the lovely Julie at The Intrepid Thread.

A couple of yards of this Cameo voile by Amy Butler. I've read how soft voile is - but I had no idea what the reality would be. It is just gorgeous! I'm slightly scared of actually sewing it (it's quite slippery). I was thinking I'd make a Tova with it (not that I've actually finished the first one yet) but now I'm not sure...


I also grabbed a few prints from Simply Colour (adore those greys and greens) - possibly for a bag for  me - and to fill up my satchel a couple of yards of the white/red print which I think would make a gorgeous quilt back.


Oh and since Katy piqued my interest in grunge fabric I had a wee peek on Etsy - and found these seriously awesome Riley Blake shaded cottons from Sew Me A Song. I really need some of these in my stash!!

Image from Sew Me A Song

Hope everyone has had a fabulous week! Any exciting plans for the weekend? Or are you like me and trying to get slightly organised for the impending chaos that happens on the 25th?

xx Jess



11 comments:

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

Ooh, what a total bargain you got with that AMH fabric. I wish Craft Depot delivered to NZ!!!

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

She's back, she's back, she's back!!

Melinda said...

Love the fabrics! I'm trying hard to make a stocking for my mother-in-law who is staying with us now. It seems like I get the kids settled & she comes in! I'm starting to get frantic!

Susan said...

Great fabrics! I am not familiar with Craft Depot..I need to check them out! Glad to see the machine is back home safely! Happy sewing!

Jenelle said...

Oh! Pretties. :) Every time I try to be more restrained in my fabric purchases I always end up with a healthy bundle of fabric, but like you I love finding those sales, so I usually end up spend lots less than I could. :) Happy sewing!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Just catching up on posts: so glad the baby is back, and some yummy fabrics - good weekend on the cards!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Yay!
And some very nice fabric there too!

Teresa @ http://twistfullyyours.blogspot.ca/ said...

The fabrics are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing what the plans are for them.

Katy Cameron said...

Welcome home baby!

Anything I can do to enable you ;o)

Danny Heyen said...

Nice score and congrats on getting the machine back!

Martha said...

Beautiful fabrics! and a big welcome back to your sewing maching. Happy sewing!