Sunday 2 December 2012

Conquering my fears

Remember I was excited about having a whole day to sew, and my grand plans of catching up with the HFWYG QAL? Yeah. I really need to be a bit more realistic about how much time things actually take. I did manage to get two blocks done (and the list still to do is getting smaller) - it's just I was hoping that number would be a wee bit higher ;o)

The time-sucking culprit was this block - a traditional block called Wandering Foot. I'll be honest - when Jess chose this one I was terrified. Curves. Y-seams. The block from hell in my book. But, thanks to Jess's seriously fabulous tutorial I made it sans swearing or seam ripping. Amazing!


It's a 20" block, and it's far from perfect - but I conquered my fear of y-seams so I'm calling it a win :o)

I also made my Grandmother's choice block - not 100% happy with my fabric choices, but once I have all the blocks together I'll decide whether to remake it or not.


Off to finish a couple more tonight hopefully. 

Hope everyone has had (or is having) a great weekend - don't forget to check back tomorrow for my SMS Giveaway Day post. It may (or may not) involve Violet Craft...

xx Jess

11 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Well done, it looks great! I also have totally unrealistic timescale expectations on making things, oh well...

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Your blocks look fantastic! I honestly didn't realise that block would cause so much fear and anxiety, but I am glad you conquered it!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

That block looks awesome, super sharp points in the center, and there is a 1/4 around the edges so you won't cut off those points. It is perfect in my book.

Catherine said...

Wow what an amazing block!

Charlotte said...

it's gorgeous! I am extremely impressed!

Carla said...

You did a fabulous job on that first block!

Susan said...

I agree with Carla- you did an incredible job making that block! It's a beauty!!

Newbie Jen said...

I have been having similar ideas with regard to time management. Ah well, perhaps if I was Superwoman these things would go faster. Of course, this week's excuse is that I am running out of background fabric - DOH!

Your blocks look great!

Jenelle said...

It looks great! Very nice smooth seams. What a cool block design.

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Wonderful blocks! Love the curved lines.

Steven Cohen said...

If You Own A Forex Accounthttps://forextrading.reviews/brokers/meta-fx-globalIs A Tool That You Need To Add To Your Trading Portfolio.