Monday 2 July 2012

Spring Carnival

Since finishing cutting all my fabric for my Precious Retro Flowers quilt, I've been trying to work out what to do with the considerable pile of scraps. When I started cutting, I didn't think about it all that well, and followed the pattern instructions even though I was using acrylic templates. After chatting with Katy about how she did it, I realised (much too late...) that I could have avoided my weird shaped scraps... 

Anyhoo, I decided the perfect way to use my funny shaped scraps was to cut them up for some EPP - using the other Katy's Spring Carnival templates


It's going to be a scrappy version, with the triangles and squares using Good Folks prints, and the hexies will be the cream script print from Ooh La La by Bunny Hill (see, I'm trying to be one of the cool kids and use some text fabric ;o) ). I'm hoping it will be done in time for our spring in a few months time...

I'm really enjoying the process of making this - it's the perfect snuggle on the couch and watch tv project in the midst of a very cold winter. 

xx Jess

9 comments:

Charlotte said...

love the fabric combo (and very efficient using all those scraps!)

Di said...

Love making from scraps. This will keep you busy! Di x

Danny Heyen said...

Mmmm. So pretty.

Cille said...

Looks good - reallly like your fabric. I just started making the same quilt using Amy Butler's Lark. I thought I was long done with EPP'ing but it great for the summertime because I can take it outside :) Quite addicting, don't you think?

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

That is going to look fantastic! How big are you making it?

Katy Cameron said...

It was a Katy conspiracy, that's why I held off telling you ;o)

Cherie said...

Scraps are great to use for paper piecing! Love the fabric choices! =D

Kelly said...

Pretty fabric - its going to look fab!

Darren Demers said...

So. The intervention. After a prolonged Instagram conversation a few weeks ago, Rebecca and I decided to make a pact not to buy fabric in 2014. I'm embarrassed to admit this is already making me break out in a cold sweat (and I'm not really joking.) This is an official ban, and we have rules.
belgian linen sheets ,
latex bed sheets ,