Monday 7 November 2011

Block Party Project

I recently got Block Party by Alissa Haight Carlton and Kristen Lejnieks and seriously can't put it down. Like I look at it everyday. I don't have a whole lot of quilting books, but this one has changed my outlook on quilting all together - it is such an inspirational book! If you're a quilter interested in modern quilting you should seriously get it (would make a great Christmas present!)

So, I have decided to start an ongoing project using this book. Probably most appealing to me is the fact that its an ideas book rather than an actual quilt pattern book (I do use patterns from time to time, but generally make up my own patterns). I intend to make my own version of most of the quilts and I will be blogging my fabric choices, blocks I make and the finished quilt.

There are a lot of techniques in Block Party that I haven't tried but would like to, so I'm hoping this project will expand my quilting skills a fair bit. In the past I have tended to use a single range of fabrics in a quilt - for this project I will be pulling a variety of fabrics together to (hopefully) make some beautiful quilts.

My first attempt at improvisational piecing was my 1001 Peeps Doll Quilt and I'm addicted - it was So. Much. Fun.

I hope you'll read along as I do this project - I'm really, really excited!

Happy stitching,
Jess

No comments: