Friday 30 September 2011

Silent Cinema Quilt

This one has taken a LONG time to get finished - I completed the quilt top a few weeks ago, and then received a couple of custom orders so I didn't get a chance to quilt and bind it until this week. I have completely fallen in love with Jenean Morrison's prints - I LOVE vintage stuff, and her florals are just so retro and fabulous - and work so well with the more abstract graphic prints in this collection.




I thought long and hard about how to quilt this one - I was tempted to stipple all over it, but wanted something that would highlight the fabrics a bit more. So after browsing the amazing world of quilting blogs for hours (looking for some inspiration) I decided to quilt it along the white sashing, 1/4" in from the seams. I am really happy with the result, and was surprised how well it worked.

I also decided to machine stitch the binding at the back (I'm not a great hand-sewer and it takes me FOREVER to hand stitch binding) - using the fabulous tutorial here (thanks Rita!)

My Silent Cinema quilt is available for purchase here.

xx Jess

No comments: