Friday 26 August 2011

Pinwheel Quilt

 Etsy is a fabulous resource for anyone one with an interest in handmade, vintage or craft and sewing supplies. It has mostly been etsy that has fed my fabric addiction and I have spent hours upon hours looking through all the incredible fabric that is available. There are also a massive range of quilt patterns (mostly available as PDF) amongst pretty much every other type of pattern you can think of. Even better for someone like me, is the fact that many people are happy for you to sell quilts you have used their patterns for, provided you acknowlege them when listing your item.

So when I saw the pattern for Lovely Little Pinwheels by Little Louise Designs, I had to try it. I mostly make much more simple quilts that showcase fabrics (simply because I love to make the most of the design of the fabric and not chop it up too much). But I had a stack of Kate Spain's Fandango fat quarters that I didn't know what to do with, so I gave this one a go. Not to say that I don't like Kate Spain fabrics (she is one of my fave designers) - I just don't really like pink and had bought it intending on making a dress for my daughter. Which I did in the end, but I had heaps of large scraps and got a few more pieces along the way...





So a big thankyou to Little Louise Designs for the use of her pattern (very easy to follow and surprisingly quick to make!) My Fandango quilt is available for purchase here.

2 comments:

Alethea Ballard said...

Great quilt. I love the color progression. Thank you for sharing. Alethea

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Thanks Alethea :)